Today, the competition has grown and about 160,000 entries are received from over 160 countries. The entries are judged by an international jury. The prizewinning entries are compiled in a volume called the ‘Shankar’s Children’s Art Number’.
- The competition is open to children all over the world below the age of 16 years.
- There is no entry fee.
- Competitors are free to choose the theme/subject they are interested in, or like most, for their paintings/drawings/writings.
- Each entry should be certified by the parent/guardian/teacher as the original, unaided work of the competitor done during the previous year. Entries should be an individual effort and NOT a combined work.
- Every entry should carry the following information in English and in BLOCK LETTERS, at the back of the painting/drawing or at the end of the written work:
* First Name/Last Name
* Boy or Girl
* Date of birth
* Full postal address
* email ID and mobile number
* Subject/title of the entry
- No entry will be returned. The copyright of all entries will rest with Shankar’s International Children’s Competition.
- All packets should be pre-paid/adequately stamped and mailed directly to reach:
Shankar’s International Children’s Competition
4, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi - 110 002
- Entries sent by air cargo will not be accepted.
- The last date for receipt of Indian entries is October 31 and of foreign entries is December 31.
- The drawings can be in any medium. Computer printouts/lino-cuts/batiks/scanned images will not be accepted.
- The size of each entry should NOT be less than 30 x 40 cm.
- A competitor may submit any number of entries. They should NOT be mounted/framed.
- Only entries in ENGLISH will be considered. Translations from other languages do not qualify for the competition.
- Entries may be in the form of poems, plays, short stories, essays, descriptive writing, and the like.
- A competitor may submit any number of entries. They should be in a neat handwriting or typed.
- Written entries can also be mailed in MsWord format at email@example.com.
- The entries will be judged by the organizers with the help of a jury. The judges' decision will be final.
- The following prizes are offered:
- The President of India's Gold Medal for the best painting/drawing.
- The Shankar's Award for the best written work.
- 15 Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Gold Medals for the next best paintings/drawings/written work.
- About 300 Silver Medals and 300 prizes.
- Certificates of Merit to deserving entries.
- Results will be announced in September. Prize winners will be informed individually.
- The best entries will be published in Shankar’s Children’s Art Number. Selected entries will also appear in the monthly magazine for children, Children’s World.
They can reserve their copies by mailing the attached coupon.
For SICC Brochure CLICK HERE